The Sub-committee receives and considers requests for IUCr sponsorship and nominal financial support and makes recommendations to the Executive Committee. Acting on the recommendations made by the Sub-committee, during 1995 the Executive Committee approved sponsorship of several schools and meetings, mostly with financial support. Those held in 1995 are listed at the beginning of this Report of the Executive Committee. Those scheduled for 1996, but approved in 1995, are listed below:
1. Winter Workshop on Electron Diffraction and Imaging at Surfaces, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA, 3-6 January 1996.
2. International Symposium on Ferroic Domains and Mesoscopic Structures, Vienna, Austria, 25-30 March 1996.
3. School on X-ray and Neutron Dynamical Diffraction - Theory and Applications, Erice, Italy, 9-21 April 1996.
4. 3rd European Symposium on X-ray Topography and High-Resolution Diffraction, Palermo, Italy, 22-24 April 1996.
5. School on Experimental and Computational Approaches in Structure Based Drug Design, Erice, Italy, 8-19 May 1996.
6. IUCr Satellite Meeting on Powder Diffraction, Denver, Colorado, USA, 3-8 August 1996.
7. IUCr Satellite Meeting on Synchrotron Radiation, Argonne, Illinois, USA, 4-7 August 1996.
8. IUCr Satellite Meeting on Neutron Scattering, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA, 5-7 August 1996.
9. Summer School on Crystallographic Computing, Olympia, Washington, USA, 17-23 August 1996.
The organizers of all IUCr-sponsored meetings are requested to recommend the journals of the IUCr as a suitable channel of publication for the original papers presented at the meeting. If organizers intend to publish proceedings, they should consider either a special issue of one of the journals of the IUCr or, for Computing Schools, the IUCr Crystallographic Symposia Series, which is published jointly by the IUCr and Oxford University Press.
Organizers of meetings wishing to seek IUCr sponsorship should submit applications at least nine months in advance of the date of the meeting, writing to the Chairperson of the Sub-committee. The present Chairperson is Professor P. W. Codding. A new Chairperson will be appointed in Seattle.
Applications for sponsorship of satellite meetings require the approval of the Chairperson of the Organizing Committee of the main meeting. Meetings (other than satellite meetings) scheduled to be held within two months before or after an IUCr Congress will not be considered for sponsorship. For any meetings scheduled to be held between two and three months before or after a Congress, the application for sponsorship will be sent to the Chairperson of the Congress Programme Committee for approval or otherwise.
The IUCr continues to support and uphold ICSU's policy of non-discrimination and adheres to its decisions and procedures concerning the free circulation of scientists. Organizers of any meetings seeking IUCr sponsorship or support must assure the Calendar Sub-committee that the authorities of the country in which the meeting is to take place guarantee free entrance of bona fide scientists from all countries.
[Next section] [Previous section] [Index] in IUCr annual report for 1995
  IUCr Sub-committee on the Union Calendar report
Copyright © 1995 International Union of CrystallographyIUCr Webmaster