Commission on High Pressure (CHP)
- M. Kunz (Chair, USA)
- G. Galli (USA)
- N. Hamaya (Japan)
- A. Katrusiak (Poland)
- J.S. Loveday (UK)
- M. Mezouar (France)
- S.A.T. Redfern (UK)
- V. Solozhenko (France)
- S. Tolbert (USA)
- J. Tse (Canada)
- R. Winter (Germany)
- R. Angel (USA)
- R.J. Nelmes (UK)
- P. Dera (USA)
- G. Shen (USA)
Terms of Reference
The Commission on High Pressure was established at the Seattle General
Assembly in 1996. The following are its Terms of Reference.
- To develop and strengthen links and interactions between the field
high-pressure crystallography and the whole field of high-pressure
- To keep the scope of 'high-pressure crystallography' under ongoing
review, and continue to make it as wide and inclusive as possible
compromising its crystallographic identity.
- To promote and encourage the development and dissemination of best
practice in high-pressure crystallographic methods and procedures.
- To collect, and make available, current information on central
facilities for high-pressure crystallography, and on how to access
- To encourage, and where possible assist, young scientists and
new to the field of high-pressure crystallography.
- To advise the IUCr in organising or sponsoring sessions on
crystallography at Congresses and conferences.
- To promote and coordinate scientific exchange between countries in
field of high-pressure crystallography.
- To cooperate with other Commissions of the Union on matters dealing
with high-pressure crystallography.
- To cooperate with other international bodies interested in
crystallography and allied subjects.
© International Union of Crystallography