[IUCr Home Page] [CIF Home Page]

IUCr Florence Congress

Dear Colleagues,

As time for the IUCr Congress in Florence approaches and people are
starting to make plans for travel and accommodation, let me outline the
arrangements for the COMCIFS meetings planned during the Congress.

There will be an open meeting (OCM) on Friday, Aug 26 in Room 5 arranged
by John Westbrook.  The following speakers will focus on the
applications and uses of CIF and CIF dictionaries:

12.35 - Ralf Grosse-Kunstleve
12.50 - Wladek Minor
13.05 - Ethan Merrit
13.20 - Frank Allen

13.35 - Haruki Nakamura
13.50 - Brian McMahon
14.05 - Kim Henrick
14.20 - Zukang Feng

We have also planned two closed meetings.  These are technically
restricted to the voting members of COMCIFS, but the chair normally
welcomes other interested people to attend and join in the discussion.
In these meetings I suggest that we should focus on the future of
information services in crystallography to help us gain a clearer idea
of how the CIF project should develop.  These meetings are being held on
Thursday Aug. 25 from 1500-1700 in Room 6 and on Monday Aug. 29 from
1235-1435 in Room 8.

David Brown
COMCIFS chair
begin:vcard
fn:I.David Brown
n:Brown;I.David
org:McMaster University;Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research
adr:;;King St. W;Hamilton;Ontario;L8S 4M1;Canada
email;internet:idbrown@mcmaster.ca
title:Professor Emeritus
tel;work:+905 525 9140 x 24710
tel;fax:+905 521 2773