[IUCr Home Page] [CIF Home Page]

Re: Minor rewording of some definitions

> 'which are symmetrically unique after merging'
   Gosh

> ;              The total number of measured reflections remaining after
>                merging symmetry equivalent reflections for this resolution
>                shell.

 might be better as:

;              The total number of reflections resulting from
               merging measured symmetry-equivalent reflections for this
resolution
               shell.

idem

;              The total number of significantly intense reflections
               (see _reflns_threshold_expression) resulting from merging
measured
               symmetry-equivalent reflections for this resolution
shell.

idem

;              The total number of reflections classified as
               'observed' (see _reflns_observed_criterion) resulting
from
               merging measured symmetry-equivalent reflections for this
resolution
               shell.

[I thought that the _obs category of measured reflections was on its way
to the dustbin. Is it worth correcting trash?]
[I put the hyphen in symmetry-equivalent to make sure that measured
symmetry was not going to be taken as equivalent.]
H.

--
Howard Flack        http://www.unige.ch/crystal/ahdf/Howard.Flack.html
Laboratoire de Cristallographie               Phone: 41 (22) 702 62 49

[Send comment to list secretary]
[Reply to list (subscribers only)]

Copyright © International Union of Crystallography

IUCr Webmaster